I would like to share with you one of our all time favorite recipes. In true hygge fashion, enjoying the process of preparing the ingredients and having the wonderful aroma fill the house while you slowly cook this chili, is nearly as rewarding as sitting down as a family to enjoy it.
While this meal can be enjoyed at any time on any day, if you were to prepare this meal on a cold snowy Sunday morning after your morning coffee or tea listening to some relaxing music, you will have all the makings for a complete day of memorable hygge moments.
1 – Red Bell Pepper
1 – Green Bell Pepper
1 – Yellow Bell Pepper
3 Tablespoons – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup – Chopped Onion
2 Teaspoons – Ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon – Crushed Red Pepper
1 Teaspoon – Paprika
¼ Teaspoon – Salt
4 – Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
2 cups – Organic Vegetable Broth
1 can (28 ounce) – No Salt Added Tomatoes, chopped and undrained
1 can (15 ounce) – Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounce) – Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounce) – Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup – Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat Broiler.
- Cut the Bell Peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. On a foil lined baking sheet, place the pepper halves skin side up. Put the peppers in the broiler for 15 minutes or until the skin is blackened.
- Remove the peppers from the broiler and place the pepper halves in a zip lock bag for 15 minutes. Afterwards, remove and discard the skin from the peppers. Dice the peppers.
- In a large pot, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil over Medium-Low heat. Add the Chopped Onion; cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add and Stir in; Cumin, Crushed Red Pepper; Paprika; Salt; Sliced Garlic Cloves. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add; Bell Peppers; Vegetable Broth; Tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add; Pinto, Cannellini and Red Kidney Beans. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with Green Onions.
Serve with a freshly sliced loaf of french bread or freshly baked corn bread.